Mango, ginger and curry combine with a splash of lime juice to coat this juicy, grilled shrimp. Stuffed in pitas, the shrimp combo makes for an easy-to-hold, fabulous entree! You could also serve on a bed of rice for a less casual presentation. —Beverly O'Ferrall, Linkwood, Maryland
Recommended: Your March Meal Plan
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, lime juice, ginger and curry. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning frequently.
- Fill pita halves with lettuce, tomato and shrimp; spoon reserved chutney mixture over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mango Shrimp Pitas in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p37
Reviews for Mango Shrimp Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2012
"I substituted apricot preserves for the mango chutney."
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2011
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2011
"Any recipe or substitution for Mango Chutney? I live in a small community."
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"So easy to make and delicious!!!"