I was raised in South Florida, where we enjoyed plenty of fresh tropical fruits. While this salsa is good for snacking with chips, I'll often serve it on fresh fish, which is plentiful here, too.
- 3 medium ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1-1/2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 jar (6 ounces) mango or peach baby food
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup each diced green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, tomatoes, baby food, chilies, peppers, lime juice, garlic, oil, cilantro, sugar, lime peel, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Mango Salsa in Country June/July 2005, p51
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review