Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3 medium ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1-1/2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 jar (6 ounces) mango or peach baby food
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup each diced green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, tomatoes, baby food, chilies, peppers, lime juice, garlic, oil, cilantro, sugar, lime peel, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mango Salsa(3)
Sort By :
I modified this recipe a bit (a habit of mine) & it turned out awesome. I added a can of pineapple tidbits (big can), a big can of mild green, diced chiles and 2 green onions, diced. No babies here so I made my own mango baby food and used that, instead of store bought.I also used diced green, red, yellow and orange peppers (not quite 1/4 cup of each). It made a huge batch, so I gave some to my neighbors. It turned out very good. I sliced, and cooked, some sweet italian sausage links to serve with the salsa. Yummy!
We love this recipe in our home, and look forward to making it every summer. It is so refreshing. It is always a HIT at any get together.
I make my mango salso without baby food, bell peppers, olive oil, sugar, or lime peel. I just use mango (and/or peach), tomato, jalepeno pepper, garlic (or powder), onion, cilantro, and fresh lime juice.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Salsa Recipe >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mango Salsa Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >