We live on the slopes of Haleakala, where carrots, potatoes, cabbage, bananas, litchis and mangoes are grown. This is my favorite recipe using mangoes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped mangoes
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in mangoes, dates and nuts (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Mango Nut Bread in Country June/July 2000, p51
Reviews for Mango Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review