Fresh mangoes freeze well, so when they're in season, I dice and freeze them in 2-cup containers. That way, I always have some on hand for making these flavorful muffins.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups diced ripe mango
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the eggs, oil and lime juice; add to the dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Stir in the mango, banana, raisins and nuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 238 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium,