Mango Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups diced ripe mango
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and lime juice; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the mango, banana, raisins and nuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mango Muffins(7)
Sort By :
Instead of using salt we added nutmeg, vanilla, and a hint of cannabis sativa.
these muffins are delicious and easy. i was going to take some in to work to share, but they didnt last long enough between my hubby and i. i will definitely make these again!
As far as fruit muffins go, these were okay. I guess I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping that there would actually be a mango taste to them. Might as well have used peaches - much cheaper too.
I had some mangoes to use up and found this recipe. I am not a big mango fan and didn't much like the smell of them when I was dicing them up. So I did not have high hopes for these. But, they turned out great! They taste sort of like cinnamony banana bread with peaches. It took me 3-4 mangoes to make the amount called for. I made the recipe as indicated, except I did sub half wheat flour for the all-purpose flour and used a little more banana and a little less oil than called for.
Since there are only two of us now, I cut the recipe in half. Big mistake!! I thought my husband was going to 'over dose' on these. Even half the recipe makes a dozen nice sized muffins. I think I got two. He downed the rest. WINNER!