Mango-Lime Pork Chops Recipe
This beautiful marinaded pork is topped with a fruity salsa of emerald kiwifruit, golden mango and red peppers for an eye-catching presentation. It is pretty enough to serve to guests.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, honey and garlic. Add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC