- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, honey and garlic. Add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mango-Lime Pork Chops in Family Favorites Recipe Cards 2009 2009, p13
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mango-Lime Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review