Mango Lemon Sorbet
You'll love the sunny color and fruity flavor of this light dessert. If you can't find mangoes, substitute fresh peaches. To peal peaches, drop them into boiling water for a few seconds. Then you can easily slip the skins right off.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 cups chopped peeled mangoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a blender, combine water and mangoes; cover and process until
- smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice; cover and process until sugar is
- dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a container; cover and
- freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 184 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.