Mango Lemon Sorbet Recipe
You'll love the sunny color and fruity flavor of this light dessert. If you can't find mangoes, substitute fresh peaches. To peal peaches, drop them into boiling water for a few seconds. Then you can easily slip the skins right off. Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 cups chopped peeled mangoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a blender, combine water and mangoes; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar and lemon juice; cover and process until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a container; cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mango Lemon Sorbet in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mango Lemon Sorbet(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >