Mango Jicama Salad
“I’m always looking for recipes with out-of-the-ordinary ingredients, like mango and jicama,” relates Doreen Dineen of Freeville, New York. “I couldn’t find one with those fruits, so I creates this crunchy, slightly sweet salad with a refreshing citrus dressing.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Divide the
- greens between two salad plates; top with jicama mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 199 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.