Mango Jicama Salad Recipe
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with jicama mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Mango Jicama Salad
Sort By :
Made this for a side for supper. Loved it! I'm not a fan of Mango, so I used Pineapple instead! Loved the Jicama, my first time trying it and was very pleasantly surprised, it was nice and sweet! Keeper for me!
Jicama is a root vegetable, very commonly used in Southwest meals. It's slightly sweet, crunchy, and has the texture of a white radish. My mother used to slice a peeled jicama 1/4 inch thick, and then season with soy sauce and lemon juice. (We'd combine about 2/3 soy sauce with 1/3 lemon, and soak the jicama in it...and it was SO delicious! Forget it, if you are sodium conscious :) )
Excellent! Very refreshing salad!
Sorry to ask, but I have never heard of a fruit/vege called 'jicama'. Please explain. Shirley