“I’m always looking for recipes with out-of-the-ordinary ingredients, like mango and jicama,” relates Doreen Dineen of Freeville, New York. “I couldn’t find one with those fruits, so I creates this crunchy, slightly sweet salad with a refreshing citrus dressing.”
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with jicama mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mango Jicama Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p33
Reviews for Mango Jicama Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review