Mango Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 to 4 medium mangoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Dash salt
- 1. Cut mangoes into chunks; puree in a food processor. Strain and discard fibers. Place 2 cups puree in a small bowl; add lime juice (refrigerate any remaining puree for another use).
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; stir. Let stand until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 3. Gradually add puree to gelatin mixture. In a large bowl, combine evaporated milk and condensed milk; stir in mango mixture and salt. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 167 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mango Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.