Mango Ice Cream Recipe
For a deliciously fruity treat on a hot summer day, try this delicious ice cream. Mango is a wonderful tropical fruit which everyone should try!Gabrielle Berryer, Homestead, Florida
- 3 to 4 medium mangoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Dash salt
- Cut mangoes into chunks; puree in a food processor. Strain and discard fibers. Place 2 cups puree in a small bowl; add lime juice (refrigerate any remaining puree for another use).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; stir. Let stand until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Gradually add puree to gelatin mixture. In a large bowl, combine evaporated milk and condensed milk; stir in mango mixture and salt. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Originally published as Mango Ice Cream in Country Woman April/May 2009, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mango Ice Cream(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >