Mango Getaway Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Place nuts in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add 2 cups flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; cover and process until blended. Add butter; pulse just until mixture is crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a clean food processor, combine mango and orange marmalade; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar and remaining flour; process until combined. Add eggs and lemon peel; process just until combined. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- 3. Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 139 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mango Getaway Bars
"This is a wonderful recipe. I used a Magic Bullet because I don't have a food processer, and it worked great. The tast of all the ingredients are wonderful and light. I will make this again, but use a larger mango for more mango taste."
"This recipe is so easy to make with a processor and tastes delicate and fresh."
"We loved these! The macadamia crust was incredible. The key to the filling is to make sure and select a ripe, delicious, and sweet mango - and probably a larger one the better to ensure more mango taste. I did not include the lemon lest. I will make this again!"
"My family was not a fan of this recipe. It seemed to be missing something. It was very bland. I think maybe if you added pineapple it would give that something extra.However, I thought it did make a good coffee/tea companion."