“I’ve always enjoyed the flavor of mango, so I created this recipe to feature the sweet tropical fruit.” —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Place nuts in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add 2 cups flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; cover and process until blended. Add butter; pulse just until mixture is crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a clean food processor, combine mango and orange marmalade; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar and remaining flour; process until combined. Add eggs and lemon peel; process just until combined. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mango Getaway Bars in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p36
Reviews for Mango Getaway Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review