- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Place nuts in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add 2 cups flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; cover and process until blended. Add butter; pulse just until mixture is crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a clean food processor, combine mango and orange marmalade; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar and remaining flour; process until combined. Add eggs and lemon peel; process just until combined. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Mango Getaway Bars(4)
Sort By :
This is a wonderful recipe. I used a Magic Bullet because I don't have a food processer, and it worked great. The tast of all the ingredients are wonderful and light. I will make this again, but use a larger mango for more mango taste.
This recipe is so easy to make with a processor and tastes delicate and fresh.
We loved these! The macadamia crust was incredible. The key to the filling is to make sure and select a ripe, delicious, and sweet mango - and probably a larger one the better to ensure more mango taste. I did not include the lemon lest. I will make this again!
My family was not a fan of this recipe. It seemed to be missing something. It was very bland. I think maybe if you added pineapple it would give that something extra.
However, I thought it did make a good coffee/tea companion.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >