Mango Delight Gelatin Mold Recipe
My son and I found this South American recipe while doing some research for a school project about Colombia. We made the dish as a visual aid for his project, and it was a hit!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 5 medium ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1. Cut the mangoes into large chunks; place in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in milk and sugar; set aside.
- 2. Place orange juice in a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over juice. Let stand for 2 minutes. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into mango mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Transfer to an 8-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Just before serving, unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC