Mango Delight Gelatin Mold
My son and I found this South American recipe while doing some research for a school project about Colombia. We made the dish as a visual aid for his project, and it was a hit!
10 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 5 medium ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Cut the mangoes into large chunks; place in a food processor. Cover
- and process until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in milk and
- sugar; set aside.
- Place orange juice in a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over juice.
- Let stand for 2 minutes. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin
- is completely dissolved. Stir into mango mixture. Fold in whipped
- Transfer to an 8-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Just before serving, unmold
- onto a serving platter. Yield: 10 servings.