Mango Couscous with Salmon Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- MANGO SAUCE:
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley. Rub over salmon. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring broth and butter to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, mango and remaining parsley.
- 3. In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and puree for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Serve with salmon and couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 605 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Mango Couscous with Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.