Mango Colada Scones Recipe
The mango adds a great tropical flavor to scones. I love to serve these for tea or for breakfast.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pina colada mix just until moistened. Fold in mango.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 9-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into 10 rectangles; separate rectangles and place on a greased baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; brush over scones.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 scones.
1 scone equals 240 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Mango Colada Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC