The mango adds a great tropical flavor to scones. I love to serve these for tea or for breakfast.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pina colada mix just until moistened. Fold in mango.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 9-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into 10 rectangles; separate rectangles and place on a greased baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; brush over scones.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 scones.
Originally published as Mango Colada Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p176
Reviews for Mango Colada Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
"Made these for our high school senior breakfast with orange curd. The grads, parents and staff loved them!"