Mango Chutney Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and ground ginger
- MANGO CHUTNEY:
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, ground turmeric and ground cloves
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and ginger.
- 2. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine all chutney ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings (2 cups chutney).
4 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup chutney equals 256 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mango Chutney Pork Roast
"this looks so good my husband is a diabetic and i'm always looking for recipes that he can eat"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.