Mango Chutney Chicken Curry
My father dreamed up this curry and chutney combination. Now my family cooks it on road trips—in rain and sun, in the mountains, even on the beach. Adjust the curry for taste and heat. —Dina Moreno, Seattle, WA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken.
- Stir in curry powder, garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1-2 minutes
- longer or until aromatic.
- Stir in chutney and cream. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.