Mango-Chutney Baby Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the orange juice, chutney, butter, ginger, garlic and curry. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Drain carrots; add to orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.