“We pull baby carrots from our backyard garden, wash them and cook them right away. This is one of my family's favorite recipes, and appears often at holiday dinners.” Patricia Nieh - Portola Valley, California
Featured In: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the orange juice, chutney, butter, ginger, garlic and curry. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Drain carrots; add to orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mango-Chutney Baby Carrots in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p26
Reviews for Mango-Chutney Baby Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review