Mango Chicken Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup torn leaf lettuce
- 1. In a food processor, combine the mangoes, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and honey. Cover and process until pureed. Stir in cilantro; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne and oregano in oil until heated through. Spread mango sauce over tortillas. Layer with chicken, cheese, red pepper, tomatoes and lettuce; roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
1 wrap equals 476 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,116 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.