- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup torn leaf lettuce
- In a food processor, combine the mangoes, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and honey. Cover and process until pureed. Stir in cilantro; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne and oregano in oil until heated through. Spread mango sauce over tortillas. Layer with chicken, cheese, red pepper, tomatoes and lettuce; roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mango Chicken Wraps in Country Woman August/September 2011, p53
Reviews for Mango Chicken Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2013
"I have never written a review for ANYTHING and now I find myself writing one for a mango chicken wrap.This recipe is SO easy, anybody can do it. I find myself making it quite frequently.One tip: be careful on the amount of jalapeno you use. The recipe suggests one whole pepper, but the only peppers available at my grocer are quite large. It never hurts to add a little at a time to taste. I also add more onion than it calls for, but that is personal preference.Also, you do NOT need a food processor. I have a pretty crummy blender and it does the job well. I would also recommend adding avocado slices!"
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2012
"This wrap was fantastic! It was so flavorful! My family raved about how much they loved it and want me to make it again soon!"