Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the snow peas, carrots, zucchini, onion, pepper and water chestnuts in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, mangoes and broth mixture; heat through. Stir in plum sauce. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cups stir-fry with 1/3 cup rice equals 413 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 888 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce
"I have made this for my husband, he said its a keeper. I also made it for my 37y/o daughter(who is a very picky eater), her husband and the 6and 7 y/o. Everyone loves it. Have made it about 6 times in the last year."
"WOW this was very good! even my Father in-law had seconds!I used low sodium teriyaki, and chicken broth, and did not add the 1/2 tsp salt. As my family is very picky when it comes to veggies I changed it up with snow peas, carrots, peas, corn, and green beans.I will add this to one of our favorites!"
"to make to more sodium friendly use low or no sodium chicken broth ur using 1/2 t salt&there is salt in teriyaki Enjoy!"
"Thank you for this recipe. it absolutly sounds wonderful. My family will love it."
"thank you for this one - it seems to be different and good! debkenn1"
"We made this last night and it was a big hit with the whole family thanks"
"The four recipes that were chosen as finalists look like recipes in every cookbook and magazine out today. What was the point of a contest? Susan daRoza, Santa cruz ca."
"Susan C where is the sodium U talk of?Thelma T"
"recipe sounds good but way to much sodium, not very healthySusan C."
"This meal looks colorful & inviting. The ingredients are healtful choices. I especially like that it has 6g. fiber. I hope Christine wins the contest with this dish! L. Woods"
"Excellent choice. I hope this finalist is the winner! Vegetables, lean chicken, very little fat, served over brown rice. Healthy and delicious!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.