- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the snow peas, carrots, zucchini, onion, pepper and water chestnuts in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, mangoes and broth mixture; heat through. Stir in plum sauce. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce
"I have made this for my husband, he said its a keeper. I also made it for my 37y/o daughter(who is a very picky eater), her husband and the 6and 7 y/o. Everyone loves it. Have made it about 6 times in the last year."
"WOW this was very good! even my Father in-law had seconds!I used low sodium teriyaki, and chicken broth, and did not add the 1/2 tsp salt. As my family is very picky when it comes to veggies I changed it up with snow peas, carrots, peas, corn, and green beans.I will add this to one of our favorites!"
"to make to more sodium friendly use low or no sodium chicken broth ur using 1/2 t salt&there is salt in teriyaki Enjoy!"
"Thank you for this recipe. it absolutly sounds wonderful. My family will love it."
"thank you for this one - it seems to be different and good! debkenn1"