A generous serving of this flavorful chicken (a finalist in America's Best Loved Recipe Contest), with crunchy fresh veggies and a sweet Asian sauce, will leave you satisfied without bursting at the seams. —Christine Vaught, Salem, Oregon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the snow peas, carrots, zucchini, onion, pepper and water chestnuts in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, mangoes and broth mixture; heat through. Stir in plum sauce. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce in America's Best-Loved Recipe Contest July 2008
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review