Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the snow peas, carrots, zucchini, onion, pepper and water chestnuts in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, mangoes and broth mixture; heat through. Stir in plum sauce. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mango Chicken with Plum Sauce
Sort By :
I have made this for my husband, he said its a keeper. I also made it for my 37y/o daughter(who is a very picky eater), her husband and the 6and 7 y/o. Everyone loves it. Have made it about 6 times in the last year.
WOW this was very good! even my Father in-law had seconds!
I used low sodium teriyaki, and chicken broth, and did not add the 1/2 tsp salt. As my family is very picky when it comes to veggies I changed it up with snow peas, carrots, peas, corn, and green beans.
I will add this to one of our favorites!
to make to more sodium friendly use low or no sodium chicken broth ur using 1/2 t salt&there is salt in teriyaki Enjoy!
Thank you for this recipe. it absolutly sounds wonderful. My family will love it.
thank you for this one - it seems to be different and good! debkenn1