Mango Barbecued Jerk Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- For barbecue sauce, in a small bowl, combine the chutney, lime juice, honey, mustard, five-spice powder and ginger; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the cilantro, sesame seeds and orange peel; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil chicken 4-6 in. from the heat for 7 minutes. Turn and broil for 6 minutes. Baste with half of the barbecue sauce. Broil 3-5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Place on a serving dish. Sprinkle cilantro mixture over chicken. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mango Barbecued Jerk Chicken Thighs
Sort By :
I have done this recipe twice for large groups adjusting the recipe according to my needs (did it once for 50 and once for 30) Both times I got RAVE reviews and everyone wanted the recipe. When I did it the first time, because I needed to prepare the chicken the day before, I marinated the chicken and then cooked it in the oven for about 40 minutes. Then I put the chicken with the barbecue sauce into a slow cooker and set it on "keep warm". When we ate it 3 hours later it was hot and all the flavours had melded. The second time, for the smaller group, I again marinated the chicken, put it in pans and spread the barbecue sauce on top. Cooked for about 40 minutes at 180 C. Fabulous recipe!! Thank You!
This was amazing! We used fresh oranges and limes for the juice and hot jerk seasoning. I have no idea how the leftovers would be because it all disappeared at supper. Excellent recipe.
Our friend said it is easily the best homemade chicken he has ever had!!
We made this with friends with chicken breasts. We also cooked the breasts on the grill. This was voted by all as one of the best chicken recipes we've ever made. It was just as good cold, the next day for lunch !
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >