Mango Banana Smoothies
Toasted wheat germ is a healthy bonus in this tropical treasure from Verna Puntigan from Spartanburg, South Carolina. The chilly orange and mango flavors really hit the spot!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 1-2 minutes
- or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 271 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.