As a fan of mangoes and avocados, I love these wraps. You can substitute tortillas for rice paper wrappers, and lettuce or spinach for sprouts. —Gena Stout, Ravenden, Arkansas
Featured In: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup cubed avocado
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 round rice paper wrappers (8 inches)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- Mix cream cheese, lime juice and chili sauce; gently stir in pepper, avocado, green onions and cilantro.
- Fill a large shallow dish partway with water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into water just until pliable, about 45 seconds (do not soften completely); allow excess water to drip off.
- Place wrapper on a flat surface. Place cream cheese mixture, mango and sprouts across bottom third of wrapper. Fold in both ends of wrapper; fold bottom side over filling, then roll up tightly. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 spring rolls.
Originally published as Mango Avocado Spring Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p133
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mango Avocado Spring Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review