Mandarin Watermelon Salad
Fruit tossed with feta? U-betcha, nothing betta’! Fresh mint, cilantro and parsley add the perfect pop. I’m always looking for something different to serve my mom, who’s a vegetarian—and she loved this! —Jade Bausell, Miami
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; gently toss to combine. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 48 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.