Mandarin-Walnut Lettuce Salad
THE sweetened walnuts add a nice crunch to this salad and a taste compatible with oranges. The dressing is sweet, tangy and light…just right for the simple ingredients of the salad.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2/3 cup mandarin oranges
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring sugar and water to a
- boil, stirring constantly. Add walnuts; cook and stir for 2-3
- minutes or until lightly browned. Spread onto a piece of greased
- foil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and salt. In a salad bowl,
- combine lettuce and oranges. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with
- walnuts; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.