Mandarin-Walnut Lettuce Salad Recipe
THE sweetened walnuts add a nice crunch to this salad and a taste compatible with oranges. The dressing is sweet, tangy and light…just right for the simple ingredients of the salad.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Add walnuts; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread onto a piece of greased foil; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and salt. In a salad bowl, combine lettuce and oranges. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with walnuts; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Mandarin-Walnut Lettuce Salad
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2012
"I've made this 3 times in last month! Wonderful!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC