Mandarin Vegetable Medley Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, bring asparagus and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the peas, corn, oranges, water chestnuts, celery, onions and asparagus. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, honey, mustard, garlic, pepper and salt. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 106 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Mandarin Vegetable Medley
"This was an excellent recipe and nice change from traditional salads."