Mandarin Turkey Tenderloin Recipe
- 8 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sesame ginger marinade
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place turkey in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with ginger and pepper flakes. Top with oranges. In a small bowl, combine marinade and broth; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Stir vegetables into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are heated through.
- 3. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 turkey tenderloin with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture (calculated without rice) equals 235 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,314 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.