Mandarin Turkey Tenderloin
My husband grew up in an area with lots of turkey farms, so he learned early to love dishes that use turkey. This makes a tasty dinner that requires no last minute fuss, so I like to serve it when I have company over.Lorie Miner, Kamas, Utah
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 8 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sesame ginger marinade
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place turkey in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with ginger and pepper
- flakes. Top with oranges. In a small bowl, combine marinade and
- broth; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Stir vegetables into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 minutes
- longer or until vegetables are heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with rice if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 turkey tenderloin with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture (calculated without rice) equals 235 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,314 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.