Mandarin Tossed Salad
This unique medley with its light dressing is probably my most requested recipe. I often double it and serve it at fancy parties in a clear glass bowl...it's beautiful.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss greens, oranges, onions and
- sunflower kernels. In a measuring cup, combine the dressing
- ingredients. Add water to measure 1 cup. Pour into a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 140 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable,