This unique medley with its light dressing is probably my most requested recipe. I often double it and serve it at fancy parties in a clear glass bowl...it's beautiful.
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss greens, oranges, onions and sunflower kernels. In a measuring cup, combine the dressing ingredients. Add water to measure 1 cup. Pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Tossed Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p29
Reviews for Mandarin Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review