Mandarin Salsa Recipe
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in mandarin oranges. Chill until serving. Drain before serving if necessary. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 24 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Mandarin Salsa
"Fresh salsa where the oranges temper the heat - very good! Kids loved it!"
"This is delicious! It has just the right blend of spice and sweet."
"I would definitely make this again, but I used a medium sized onion and would probably cut back even a little more. The amount of onion called for seemed to take away from the oranges."
"Very fresh salad that kind of sparkles with flavor. I served it with pork loin but I'm sure it would be good with chicken too."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.