- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in mandarin oranges. Chill until serving. Drain before serving if necessary. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mandarin Salsa
"Wonderful, flavorful way to use oranges! Used a handful of fresh oranges, cut smaller, in place of canned. A nice twist on flavors. For us perfect amount of flavor and heat. Great not only to dip into but over any grilled pork or fish recipe. As a volunteer feild editor for Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that combine flavors to make a unique dish."
"Fresh salsa where the oranges temper the heat - very good! Kids loved it!"
"This is delicious! It has just the right blend of spice and sweet."
"I would definitely make this again, but I used a medium sized onion and would probably cut back even a little more. The amount of onion called for seemed to take away from the oranges."
"Very fresh salad that kind of sparkles with flavor. I served it with pork loin but I'm sure it would be good with chicken too."