Sweet mandarin oranges temper the boldness of cilantro, jalapeno and onion in this salsa, creating an impressive and colorful combination. —Yvonne Opp, Greenville, Pennsylvania
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in mandarin oranges. Chill until serving. Drain before serving if necessary. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Mandarin Salsa in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p48
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mandarin Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review