Mandarin Romaine Salad Recipe
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, parsley, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; shake well.
- 2. Just before serving, sprinkle salad with pecans. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 139 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Mandarin Romaine Salad
"My family always asks me to make this salad. I am generous with the hot pepper sauce to further accent the contrast between the sweet and spicy."
"This is our family's favorite! I am asked for the recipe every time I make it.Pamela Smith"
"I would eat this every day if I could!! I served it with Easter dinner and everyone enjoyed it. The next time I make it, I will add another tbsp. of raspberry vinegar as the raspberry taste wasn't quite strong enough for me. I used 1/4 tsp. of hot pepper sauce and that gave it a nice little bite! Thanks for the recipe!"