Mandarin Romaine Salad
This extra-special green salad boasts luscious flavor, a touch of heat, plenty of crunch and color, and a citrus sparkle. "It takes just minutes to toss together and never disappoints." Barbara Carlucci - Orange Park, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 9 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, parsley, salt,
- pepper and pepper sauce; shake well.
- Just before serving, sprinkle salad with pecans. Shake dressing and
- pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 139 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.