Mandarin Pork Salad Recipe
Try something different for dinner! This interesting entree salad tosses together pork, mandarin oranges, beets and goat cheese. The flavors will burst in your mouth. —Nanci Jenkins, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- 1 pork tenderloin (1/2 pound)
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup canned sliced beets, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, oranges, onion, cheese, beets, cilantro and jalapeno. Transfer to a serving platter. Whisk the vinegar, oil and salt. Thinly slice pork; arrange over salad. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC