Mandarin Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (about 5 pounds)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Combine rosemary, garlic and pepper; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Arrange oranges over roast. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over roast. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing often with glaze. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 281 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.