Mandarin Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons reserved juice until smooth; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the onions, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, salt, cinnamon, cloves and remaining juice; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in butter on both sides. Add onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning chops once.
- Remove pork and keep warm. Discard cloves. Stir cornstarch mixture into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in oranges. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mandarin Pork Chops(3)
Sort By :
Just made this for the first time. Wonderful!!! My husband said it tasted like potpourri, which I took as a compliment- because he went back for more. This will definitely go into our rotation! I served with rice and an asian salad.
Very good, and for a change, I use pineapple instead of the oranges.
fantastic -- would serve to company
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >