Mandarin Pork and Wild Rice Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each), cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside.
- 2. Add the water, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, onions and reserved juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and liquid is absorbed. Stir in oranges; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 274 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 678 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.