Mandarin Pecan Salad Recipe
Toss together this refreshing salad from Jeaune Hadl Van Meter of Lexington, Kentucky. The crisp greens are mixed with nuts and citrus, then drizzled with a sweet-tart poppy seed dressing.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. Divide the romaine, oranges, pecans and cranberries between two salad plates. In a blender, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and onion powder; cover and process until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 333 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mandarin Pecan Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC