Mandarin Peanut Rice Salad
I learned how to make this salad while visiting England with a friend. When I made it for a family reunion, everyone asked for the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the rice, onions, oranges, peanuts, mayonnaise,
- salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 528 calories, 41 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.