I developed this recipe when I was asked to bring a salad to a birthday party for my husband's grandfather. Guests raved about my creative dish! —Kathleen Dougherty, Williamsville, Illinois
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
- 1 package (1 pound) angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed and drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside. In a large skillet, saute chicken and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute water chestnuts for 2-3 minutes. Drain oranges, reserve 1/2 cup juice. In a large serving bowl, combine oranges, pasta, chicken, water chestnuts, peas, mushrooms, carrots and onions.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, honey, ginger and reserved mandarin orange juice; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20-25 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Pasta Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p233
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mandarin Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review