Mandarin Orange Tossed Salad
This quick and easy salad never misses with dinner guest. Once in a while, I'll add avocado and blue cheese for a more interesting flavor.David Collin, Martinez, California
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground savory
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup syrup; set oranges aside. In a jar
- with tight-fitting lid, combine syrup, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt,
- pepper, basil and savory; shake well. In a salad bowl, toss lettuce,
- oranges and onion. Add the dressing and toss. Top with almonds;
- serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 95 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.