Mandarin Orange Tossed Salad Recipe
This quick and easy salad never misses with dinner guest. Once in a while, I'll add avocado and blue cheese for a more interesting flavor.—David Collin, Martinez, California
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground savory
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving 1/4 cup syrup; set oranges aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine syrup, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, basil and savory; shake well. In a salad bowl, toss lettuce, oranges and onion. Add the dressing and toss. Top with almonds; serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 95 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC