Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 7 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onion
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients; shake well. Set aside. In a skillet, cook and stir the almonds and sugar over medium heat until sugar is melted and almonds are coated. Spread on foil to cool completely.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, celery and onions. Add oranges and sugared almonds; toss gently. Shake dressing; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 24 servings.
3/4 cup: 89 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad
"Delicious salad! My friend made it for an office party. She omitted the celery, but added crumbled bacon. It was a huge hit! The dressing is not too sweet. The ingredients are the perfect blend of sweet and tangy."
"This is my favorite spinach salad! It is soooo good!"
"I've made this salad several times. It's always a big hit when I make it. Everyone loves it!"